Back-end Team Lead (Java)
About The Client:
On behalf of Bizzabo we are looking for experts! Bizzabo is the only event success platform for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. Bizzabo’s all-in-one event software helps companies measure, manage, and scale events towards key business outcomes—empowering every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Bizzabo powers events for brands like Amazon, Electronic Arts, Financial Times, Forbes, Siemens, and Salesforce to name a few. The company was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has hundreds of Bizzaboers working around the globe.
Bizzabo is landing in Europe! We are excited to be opening a new Bizzabo office in Kyiv and we are looking for hiring the pioneering team to join and lead the way.
If you are passionate about building, shaping, and leading a brand-new team in a brand new Bizzabo site- this is the chance to do so.
- Leading a team of developers (Front-End and Back-End) through coaching, mentoring, and career development, alongside hands-on coding
- Working closely with product management in designing and implementing client requests, bugs, friction issues in the system while keeping in mind delivering high-quality output
- Lead, own and mentor the team to handle client support issues, client requests, and escalations
- Leading collaborations with our Go To Market team on tackling ad-hoc problems, from bug fixing to heavy lifting infrastructure challenges.
- Design and Implementation of product, technical tasks and requirements to support our growing clients
- Making commitments and ensuring that the right trade-offs and decisions are made in order to stick to those commitments
2+ years of experience in managing teams of at least 3 developers
5+ years of development experience using Java or Kotlin
Experience in building high-scale, high-performance systems
Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
Independent, fast learner, motivated by a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Great communication skills
High level of English- both written and verbal
Experience with continuous integration and deployment
Experience working on Support\Customer Care R&D projects
Experience for SaaS product companies
You take pride in empowering and helping your team members grow
“The manager’s path” is one of your top 10 books ;)
Familiarity with the Spring framework
Computer science degree from a leading institute